Social Work and Case Work
Social Work and Case Work roles in our Prevention Programs, Foster Care, Residential and School Based Programs.Browse Social Workers Jobs >>
Education and Vocation
Our programs include After School, Young Adult Borough Centers, Transfer and Community Schools and our Life Like program.Browse School-based jobs >>
Support roles at Good Shepherds work in the heart of the New York City providing administrative support for the agency. Employees who work in Support are our office professionals, support departments including Development, Finance, Human Resources, Anti-Racism & Equity, Legal, and Impact & Strategy. Want to be in the center of the action?Browse Support Jobs >>
Time Away From GSS
Other Benefits and Voluntary plans
- Medical Insurance: Each employee's needs are different — that's why Good Shepherds Services’ offers different medical plans to meet the needs of staff and their family members. Each health care plan covers pharmacy and behavioral health benefits.
- Dental Insurance: Good Shepherds Services’ employees can choose from two dental options that offer different levels of coverage and different ways of choosing a dentist. GSS's dental plans are available to eligible staff and family members with zero-dollar payroll contributions.
- Vision Insurance: While Good Shepherds Services’ medical plans provide coverage for annual eye exams, GSS also offers a nationwide vision care plan to manage the cost of eyeglasses, contact lenses, and eye examinations. UnitedHealthcare Vision administers the vision plan with a zero-dollar payroll contribution for staff and family members. You do not need to be enrolled in the medical plans to participate in the vision plan.
- Regular full-time and Part-time staff accrue benefit time using a traditional vacation, holiday, and sick time accrual model.
- 10 paid holidays per year, including designated and discretionary paid holidays, to residential staff scheduled to work on these designated holidays.
- 15 days of vacation per year during their first three years and up to 25 days for employees working 5+ years with the agency.
- 5 paid Compass Days each year
- 3 Self-Care days per calendar year to eligible non-benefit staff with a minimum schedule of 10 hours per week.
- 12 days of sick time each calendar year, based on schedule and employee classification.
- Candidates hired in certain roles will work in person but will have the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule when the program's needs allow.
- New Directions Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Benefit Options: Comprehensive Insurance, Veterinary Discount Plan, and Prescription Savings Plan
- Colonial Voluntary Benefits: Short-term disability insurance, Accident insurance, Critical illness insurance, and Term Life
- Tuition Assistance Program / 403B Retirement Savings Plan
Join our Talent Network
Stay up to date on open roles, our culture, and the latest news at Good Shepherd Services.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. This is our Story.
See jobs by: